Soho house design
New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Fri 8 Oct 21Posted on:
Who we are…
We are a collection of membership clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas for professionals in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique businesses in the UK, US, Canada, Europe and Asia, with further openings planned around the world. Soho House is a space for its diverse members and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all …
Soho House was created to bring together diverse communities of people, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe they are essential to our success as a global company. Soho House prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people with disabilities and any other group that may bring diverse perspectives to our business.
The lead architect candidate will be a qualified architect, responsible for contributing multiple project teams and producing high quality project work from concept to specification and construction documents.
Reporting to the Principal Architect, they should share responsibility for managing the architectural design team and play a key role in setting milestones for project teams. They should be excellent communicators and have a solid understanding of Soho House Design’s processes and operational standards.
- Compliance with Soho House design phase requirements
- Works closely with the project team following effective design management processes
- Work and meet project deadlines on specific projects
- Ensuring that the integrity of the agreed-upon design is maintained by assuming responsibility for leading the development of the design.
- Ensures that the design is approved by the appropriate parties, in collaboration with the principal architect
- Produces weekly project specific reports
- Maintains clear communication with the entire project team
- Responsible for managing the requirements of the design team, including resource planning
- Responsible for identifying and executing professional development areas for the design team
Requirements / Qualifications:
· Masters in architecture required; 8+ years of experience in a similar role preferably
Experience working on projects in the hospitality industry is essential
Advanced skills in Revit required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites required
Must know and understand compliance with OSHA and Department of Health requirements specific to building design
· Current knowledge of construction related requirements with regard to national and local laws and regulations; knowledge and understanding of tendering processes and legal contracts are also required
Ability to complete projects alongside the main architect within strict deadlines; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that have global perks and benefits. Whether you are looking for an entry-level job or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills needed to advance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full-time employees are eligible for all benefits; Medical, dental and visual funds as well as retirement with a counterpart of 2%
- Paid leave: full-time employees have sick days + vacation days
- Career development: Soho House can advance your career at national or international level as well as managerial or technical
- Soho Impact: Enabling the Soho House community to effect positive change, through mentoring, learning, local awareness and sustainability
- Learning and Development: A wide range of internal and external courses are available to all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. View our monthly calendars and participate in trips, training and events. Available to everyone.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to movie screenings and art classes, we run a series of fun events each month that you can sign up for.
Please apply with CV and work samples (max 6MB) to: [email protected]
Open to U.S. residents only
This is a full time position requiring travel.
View the history of your applications