Soho house design
Los Angeles, California, United StatesSite:
Fri 8 Oct 21Posted on:
Who we are…
We are a collection of membership clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas for professionals in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique businesses in the UK, US, Canada, Europe and Asia, with further openings planned around the world. Soho House is a space for its diverse members and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all …
Soho House was created to bring together diverse communities of people, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe they are essential to our success as a global company. Soho House prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people with disabilities and any other group that may bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Soho House Design is looking for a passionate, practical, highly motivated and creative mid-level Interior Designer to join the team. This person will work within a team of internal designers on internal and external hospitality projects.
Candidates should be familiar with the interior design process, from design development, material research and selection, to procurement, production and installation.
• Works closely with the Principal Designer / Principal Designer assisting them during all phases of the design process from concept to delivery
• Creates, prepares and presents design concepts for the review of the lead designer / lead designer
• Develops design drawings (custom furniture, lighting, carpentry, layouts) and timelines for lead designer / lead designer review
• Prepares preliminary FF&E budgets for principal designer / principal designer review
• Ensures documents and presentations are filed according to Soho House standards
• Sources of finishes, lighting, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware and accessories
• Ensures regular reviews at key stages of the design with the lead designer / lead designer
• Manages FF&E procurement to target budgets and schedule on a daily basis
• Evaluates and manages the prototype stages of custom parts
• Attends regular site visits at key stages
• Help architects respond to all RFIs during construction
• Help with the installation of FF&E
• Maintains the sample library
Requirements / Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience in hospitality and residential design
• Bachelor of Interior Design
• Experience in being part of a collaborative design environment
• Knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources, industry trends
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
• Product development a plus
• Applicants must be US citizens or hold a US work visa
• Proficiency in professional-level design software (AutoCAD)
• Proficiency in professional-level design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Knowledge of Revit, an asset
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that have global benefits and advantages. Whether you are looking for an entry-level job or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills needed to advance your career.
• Health care + 401K: full-time employees are eligible for all benefits; Medical, dental and visual funds as well as retirement with a counterpart of 2%
• Paid leave: full-time employees have sick days + vacation days
• Career development: Soho House can advance your career at the national or international level as well as at the managerial or technical level.
• Soho Impact: Enabling the Soho House community to effect positive change, through mentoring, learning, local awareness and sustainability.
• Learning and Development: A wide range of internally and externally organized courses are available to all employees.
• Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. View our monthly calendars and participate in trips, training and events. Available to everyone.
• Team Events: From fitness sessions to movie screenings and art classes, every month we have a series of fun events you can sign up for.
Please apply with CV and work samples (max 6MB) to: [email protected]
Open to U.S. residents only
This is a full time position requiring travel.
View the history of your applications