Soho house design
New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Fri 8 Oct 21Posted on:
Who we are…
We are a collection of membership clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas for professionals in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique businesses in the UK, US, Canada, Europe and Asia, with further openings planned around the world. Soho House is a space for its diverse members and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all …
Soho House was created to bring together diverse communities of people, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe they are essential to our success as a global company. Soho House prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people with disabilities and any other group that may bring diverse perspectives to our business.
The mid-level architect candidate will be responsible for contributing to multiple projects, producing high quality work from concept to specification and construction documents.
Reporting to the Principal / Principal Architect, they should share the responsibility for the production of the architectural design team. They should be excellent communicators and have a solid understanding of the Soho House Design process and operating standards.
- Compliance with Soho House design phase requirements
- Works closely with the project team following efficient design processes
- Work and meet project deadlines on specific projects
- Ensures that the integrity of the agreed design is maintained by participating in the development of the design.
- Ensure that the design is approved by the appropriate parties, in collaboration with the principal / principal architect
- Creates project schedules, design drawings and specifications as needed
- Produces weekly project specific reports
- Maintains clear communication with the entire project team
Requirements / Qualifications:
· Masters in architecture required; 5-7 years of experience in a similar role preferably
Experience working on projects in the hospitality industry is desirable
Advanced skills in Revit required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites required
Must know and understand compliance with OSHA and Department of Health requirements specific to building design
· Current knowledge of construction related requirements with regard to national and local laws and regulations; knowledge and understanding of tendering processes and legal contracts are also required
· Ability to complete projects alongside the main architect within strict deadlines; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold a U.S. work visa
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that have global benefits and advantages. Whether you are looking for an entry-level job or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills needed to advance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: full-time employees are eligible for all benefits; Medical, dental and visual funds as well as retirement with a counterpart of 2%
- Paid leave: full-time employees have sick days + vacation days
- Career development: Soho House can advance your career at national or international level as well as managerial or technical
- Soho Impact: Enabling the Soho House community to effect positive change, through mentoring, learning, local awareness and sustainability
- Learning and Development: A wide range of internal and external courses are available to all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. View our monthly calendars and participate in trips, training and events. Available to everyone.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to movie screenings and art classes, every month we have a series of fun events you can sign up for.
Please apply with CV and work samples (max 6MB) to: [email protected]
Open to U.S. residents only
This is a full time position requiring travel.
View the history of your applications